We collect information from visitors to this website when you email us with an enquiry. Information collected may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
In addition to the above, we collect information automatically about your visit to our website. This includes technical information, including: the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. It also includes information about your visit including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. Please see our Cookies Section for more details.
We are also working closely with third parties including for example sub-contractors such as analytics providers and search engine providers and we may combine this information with information which you give us and which we collect about you.
Use of personal information
We process personal information held about you for the purposes of:
• Dealing with your enquiries and requests.
• Administering accounts relating to our suppliers or customers.
• Conducting market research.
• Administering our site for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
• Improving our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
• As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
• Suggesting and recommending goods and services that may interest you.
Please note that your information may also be used to send you details of those products or services that we offer that you have specifically requested of that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you.
We might from time to time at your request pass your information to carefully selected third parties that offer products or services that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. We will only do this if you have requested that we do so.
If at any point you would like to cease receiving communications from (Meter Provida), would like us to stop sharing your information with third parties or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please contact the Meter Provida Privacy representative on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01246 269807. You can also write to Data Protection Representative, at Meter Provida, Unit 20 Broombank Business Park, Chesterfield, S41 9QJ.
Save for as set out in this policy, we will not share your data with third parties unless we are obliged to disclose personal data by law, or the disclosure is ‘necessary’ for purposes of national security, taxation and criminal investigation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our customers or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction), or to apply or enforce the provisions of any policy or agreement, or we have your consent.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our holding companies and any subsidiaries of any holding company (in each case as defined by section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
- We may share your personal information with or disclose your personal information to selected third parties, including: Business partners; suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract which we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we buy or sell (or are contemplating buying or selling) any business or asset, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or asset.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
Subject access requests
You have the right to see what personal data (if any) we hold about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please write to us at Data Protection Representative, Meter Provida, Unit 20 Broombank Business Park, Chesterfield, S41 9QJ. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of up to £10 for any such request.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. This means for instance that data you pass to us may be processed outside the European Economic Area, although the data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of UK data protection legislation. By communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. Find out more about cookies on www.allaboutcookies.org.
Most browsers will allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the menu on your browser, or look at the instruction on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note however that turning off cookies may restrict your use of our website.